Senior Infrastructure Consultant (Major Incident/Problem Manager)
Netcompany is leading the way in the next generation of IT consulting across Northern Europe, with a focus on strong client relationships, agility and guaranteed delivery. Our client’s satisfaction has been achieved by building true partnerships allowing us to fully understand their business and technology needs and deliver IT transformation projects with no technology bias and right first time. We achieve this through our outstanding people; individuals that are selected for their skills, cultural fit, passion and ambition to be the very best in the industry.
Netcompany continues to outperform the competition, winning and delivering multi-million pound programmes and services, offering a fantastic opportunity for our team to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career.
We are looking for an Major Incident/Problem Manager to join our team on a permanent basis to drive forward our delivery capability and deliver the optimum solutions to the clients. Based in Leeds this is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting, innovative, prestigious, and forward-thinking technology-enabled organisations in the UK.
Our Service Management Practice delivers infrastructure support services to a significant number of clients, across multiple sectors. The current Service Delivery team is approximately 20 strong and offers prospective candidates with the opportunity for significant recognition, skills and technology exposure and career development and training across multiple business areas.
The role is primarily Leeds based however you may be expected to work at our client locations as and when required.
The Major Incident and Problem Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the Managed Service processes for Incident, Change, Problem and Request Fulfilment for several Netcompany clients. The Incident and Change Manager will be overseeing a team of Incident and Change consultants to ensure SLA/KPI targets are being achieved and the contracted scope of services are being delivered efficiently within an ITIL® framework. The candidate will ensure that highly effective communications and levels of understanding are maintained with the client and suppliers through regular and ad-hoc meetings.
- Acts as the main escalation point for all Major IT Incidents.
- Take full ownership of facilitating the restore of Major Incidents within the agreed SLA's in a multi-supplier environment.
- Setup and distribute Major Incident Communication during the major incident life cycle, until resolution.
- Ensure progress on incidents is continually assessed, making appropriate interventions, directing and facilitating resolution activity.
- Update ServiceNow call logging toolset.
- Complete Major Incident Report, setup and run Post Incident Review meetings.
- Ensure all problem records are logged and progressed with suppliers.
- Complete Monthly reporting for Major Incidents and Problem Management.
- Run daily/weekly Major Incident and Problem Meetings.
- Experience of end to end management of Major Incidents.
- Experience of end to end Problem Management.
- Setup and distribution of Incident communication.
- Proven stakeholder management skills, with evidence of having built and maintained effective working relationships including when there are conflicting demands.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel.
- Considerable experience of working with the ITIL Service Lifecycles in an ITIL based Service Management environment
- The candidate must have experience of differing support models and be able to appraise these against a set of SLAs/KPIs.
- ITIL Essential Foundation V4 or equivalent experience
- Self-motivation, flexibility, initiative, and integrity are required to ensure that our clients and the Netcompany management have a high degree of confidence in the candidate’s ability to efficiently deliver within the role with minimal intervention.
- Must be willing to do UK based travel for projects.
- Must eligible to undergo SC Clearance
What we offer
- Interesting Projects – Using some of the latest technologies.
- Clients we’ve worked with across – Government, Law, Media, among others.
- Career Acceleration / Progression.
- Global Presence – We have offices in the UK, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Vietnam and The Netherlands.
- A collaborative culture - Working with colleagues across our offices and to join our mentor scheme.
Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation