Netcompany is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors.
Netcompany have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million-pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career
To be selected to take on the challenges and opportunities within Netcompany we’re looking for people who are passionate about ensuring that we always deliver the best solutions for our clients and have the following background
· 2+ years’ experience working within an IT department, providing support and engineering capabilities to end users.
· Client facing, supporting client environments across the Linux stack
· In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc
· Experience in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
· Good knowledge of protocols such as HHTP, DNS, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
· Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) are a plus (not compulsory)
· Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
· Coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, fixes on servers etc.
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
Globally Netcompany employs more than 2300 of the most skilled IT Consultants and Developers. Despite the size we are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
Please be aware, that this role may be subject to basic security checks which may include a basic criminal records check.