DevOps Consultant - APD
Netcompany is one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the UK, recognized for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organizations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors.
Netcompany has ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million-pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful, and rewarding career.
As part of our ambitious growth plans, Netcompany is looking for DevOps Consultants to join us on a permanent basis to drive forward our delivery capability and deliver the optimum solutions to our clients. Based remotely initially, and then in London, Leeds, or the West Midlands, you'll be joining a forward-thinking organisation that puts your personal development and career progression first.
As a DevOps Consultant, you would be working on development and operational facing projects & services, designing, building, and supporting Product-Centric DevOps toolchains, associated processes, and applications. You will also need to be able to code in a common language, such as C#, .NET, and Java.
- 3 - 8 years' experience within the Software Development Lifecycle, 2+ years in DevOps Engineering
- 2+ year’s experience of AWS and/or Azure
- Experience of the DevOps Lifecycle (Plan, Code, Build, Test, Package, Deploy, Operate, Monitor
- Experience in DevOps tooling, such as (or similar)
- Plan: Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Code: Git, Bitbucket, Code Commit, Frog
- Build: Kubernetes, Docker, Maven, Gradle, Eclipse, Terraform
- Test: Mabl, Saucelabs, Xray, Zephyr, Selenium, JUnit, SonarCloud, JFrog x-ray
- Deploy: CodePipeline, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack.
- Monitor: Nagios, Splunk, Sensu, CloudWatch, ELK
- Experience in DevOps processes
- Plan: Agile, SCRUM, Kanban Loosely Coupled Architecture
- Code: Pull Requests, Merge Conflict, Feature Toggling, Peer Review, Trunk based branching
- Build: Continuous Feedback
- Test: A/B Testing, Pipeline testing, Automated Testing
- Deploy: Low-risk deployments, canary deployment, self serve deployment
- Monitor: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Anomaly Detection
- Advocate for DevOps across culture, organisation, practices, standardisation, and automation
- Experience of different programming languages such as C#, .Net, Java, etc
- Ideally a full stack or backend technical background
- Ideally, some experience mentoring or team leading on projects
- An understanding of agile tools and techniques
- Ability to accurately estimate deliverables
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders and interpret requirements into technical specifications
- Experience working within a client-facing/ delivery focused role, or you have a consultancy background
- An ambition to grow and develop into Management, Master or Architecture
- Must be willing to do UK-based travel for projects.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- 25 days holidays, as well as public holidays
- Competitive salary
- Well-defined learning and career path
- Professional certifications supported as part of learning and development
- Monthly social events (including after work bars, annual Summer and Christmas parties and sporting events)
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- Retail discounts (including Restaurants, Supermarkets, Travel, Leisure and Department Stores & Fashion)
Please be aware that this role may be subject to basic security checks which may include a basic criminal record check.
An applicant will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in being a part of our continued success, please apply today – Join Netcompany!
Be part of our continuous growth, find out more below