Cloud Network Engineer
Netcompany is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors.
As part of our ambitious growth plans, Netcompany is looking for a Network Engineer to join us on a permanent basis to drive forward our delivery capability in the Cloud space. You'll be joining a forward-thinking organisation that puts your personal development and career progression first.
As a Network Engineer you will be comfortable with both on-premise and cloud network configurations – including AWS and Azure. You will be able to complete a discovery of network estates and then configure new components in a cloud environment. Delivery across multiple workstreams will be the norm and client facing skills are a must.
- Significantly contribute to or lead design, development and migration of complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements and enhance performance of voice and data communication services
- Making sure that the networks are protected from malware and viruses, identifying areas that might be under threat and areas where security can be improved, keeping up to date on ever-changing cyber-threats
- Designing, building, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, switches and firewalls to maximise network efficiency and security
- Working with clients and third-party providers to maximise network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNA or higher (CCNP, CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Ideally, some experience mentoring or team leading on projects
- Ability to accurately estimate deliverables
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders and interpret requirements into technical specifications
- Experience working within a client-facing/ delivery focused role, or you have a consultancy background
- Candidates must be willing to travel within the UK for projects.
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam. We are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all