Providing a roadmap for a cloud hosted future whilst identifying areas for change.
Providing professional and skilled emergency response services across the UK’s Humber region, Humberside Fire and Rescue Service (HFRS) play a pivotal role in safeguarding the wellbeing of an estimated 1.2 million citizens 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As part of their digital modernisation objectives moving forward, HFRS had a strategic intention to migrate a number of their IT services to the cloud with a view to evoke the cost benefits associated with cloud hosting and management processes.
In support of their digital strategy, Netcompany were onboarded as the trusted supplier to conduct an initial review of their existing Azure environment in preparation of a future migration to cloud. With the review being based on the core pillars of Azure Cloud Computing: Availability, Scalability, Resiliency, and Security, Netcompany were able to identify and provide detailed recommendations for improvement across these areas.
Whilst providing HFRS with reassurance and advice, this project has proposed a detailed roadmap for adopting a cloud hosted future and evoking the wide range of associated benefits.
- Identified several Azure resources that need attention
- Identified areas requiring immediate remediations alongside additional items requiring configuration changes
- Recommended cost saving opportunities for the existing Azure environment
- Identified Azure migration opportunities for two HFRS data centres where they would alternatively be facing an End-of-Life situation
- Recommended methods for HFRS to make use of standard cloud hosting and management processes with supplementary on-premise migrations to Azure
- Provided a roadmap for replacing old legacy services by making use of cloud native technologies such as; Platform as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service