Senior Operations Engineer
Would you like to work at one of the most successful IT companies in the Netherlands and Northern Europe? Where you contribute to the implementation of large and innovative IT projects of social importance? Do you like to do this in an environment where personal development is of great importance? Then apply at Netcompany!
As new projects are coming we need more experienced and ambitious colleagues to join us in this adventure. Now, we are looking for an Senior Operations Engineer who will cooperate in our international teams together with skilled colleagues from the NL team.
Your everyday tasks
As an Senior Operations Engineer you will work in an agile environment. From day one you will take a lot of responsibility and you play an important role in establishing and optimizing existing and future solutions, while at the same time being in direct contact with our customers and our development teams. With all your knowledge you fulfill an exemplary role and you are a source of information for the rest of the team. You are enthusiastic about designing, implementing and maintaining web applications and you want to work with the latest technology and give direction to our DevOps tooling and procedures.
Your everyday tasks will be:
- Manage one or more business-critical systems, ensure continuous and correct monitoring and ensure backups. This also includes scripting and tuning the platform;
- Collaborate with other team members on security, problem solving and tooling and process optimization as well as participate in safety testing and incident, problem and change management;
- Contributing to operation projects such as large-scale technology transitions, including planning and implementing specific operational tasks;
- Using and implementing a wide variety of open source technologies and various tools;
- Maintaining Microsoft-based and non-Microsoft-based environments for various projects based on Azure, SharePoint, VM’s, Microsoft SQL servers, CRM and others;
- Participating in project work, as a part of development cycle, providing high level of availability of applications and systems based on project and SLA requirements;
- Reporting internally on tasks, activities and SLA goals;
- Responding to customer requests, change management cycle, incidents etc. based on ITIL practices;
- Coaching and guiding the juniors within the team.
You have completed a technical study at a university or a university of applied sciences and you have a number of years of experience as a system or operations engineer. You need to be proficient in English, both written and spoken
If you have knowledge or are interested in and are willing to learn more about the following topics, you are probably the right candidate:
- Microsoft infrastructure and servers
- Writing scripts in PowerShell
- Cloud Security principles
- Kubernetes (AKS, GKE, EKS)
- Azure and other Cloud Solutions
- You need to be proficient in English, both written and spoken
As a person you are independent and self-driven, you are ready to take responsibility from day one. You have good English skills, both written and spoken. You’re also a great team player, ready to go for an extra mile for your colleagues. Being up to date with new technologies and knowledge-sharing is important to you. You are structured, able to organize your time and document your work.
We offer you
- An open and informal atmosphere in an international setting;
- A new, young and growing team;
- A chance to work with the latest technology
- The opportunity to take a lot of responsibility from day one;
- Netcompany Academy with all kinds of development options tailored to your specific role and needs;
- Career opportunities within the career track Operations;
- Fun social activities such as a Boardgame Night, Summer Party or sports day;
- A beautiful and spacious office in Delft;
- Daily provided lunch;
- And do not forget: smart colleagues with whom you will work on the coolest IT projects, with social importance.
Netcompany was founded in 2000 and is now one of the most successful IT companies in Northern Europe with, in addition to the Netherlands, offices in Denmark, Norway, Poland, the United Kingdom and Vietnam. More than 3000 of the most skilled IT consultants and developers work for Netcompany worldwide and we are always looking for ambitious colleagues to join our teams. Our informal culture is characterized by involvement, flexibility and cooperation with both colleagues and customers.
Our Center of Excellence stimulates internal knowledge development and sharing and offers you as an employee the opportunity to develop further. Various knowledge groups are active within Netcompany that are concerned with specific technologies, project management and methodology, among other things.
Interested or want to know more?
Are you interested in this vacancy? Then apply now! Do you want more information or do you have questions? Please contact Please contact our recruiters via email@example.com or 06-11216201.
We prefer to meet you in person, of course, but depending on the current situation, our job interviews can also take place digitally.
An applicant will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.