Netcompany are actively seeking a Windows Engineer to join them on a permanent basis to help drive their delivery and capability and deliver the optimum solutions to their clients. Based in Derby this is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting, innovative, prestigious and forward-thinking technology enabled organisations in the UK.
We believe that responsibility improves your abilities. Whether you are recently graduated from university or have many years of experience, you get a lot of responsibility from the moment you start at Netcompany. You’ll be working on some of the largest, most complex and technically innovative programmes and projects for some of the most prestigious organisations in the world.
- Designing and installing computer hardware configurations.
- Installing software and networking systems.
- Troubleshooting network and software issues.
- Installing high-level software security systems.
- Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems.
- Fixing hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Responding to general IT requests.
- Windows skills (MCSE, MCSA certified)
- Active Directory knowledge and experience
- Experience working with Windows 7, 8, 10
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Good understanding of Storage (SAN) solutions.
- Good understanding of network protocols
- Good understanding of MS SQL
- A drive to learn and an ability to pick up new skills quickly
- A passion for delivering solutions and resolving issues with end users and clients
- Ability to work within a team and to help colleagues overcome complex technical challenges
- A collaborative approach to communicate clearly to management, team members and customers around a wide range of subjects including technical issues and potential solutions
- The ability to listen to a customer and understand what it is they want and distil as a set of concise set of requirements that can used as the foundation for architectural solutions.
- Keen problem-solving skills and the ability to think out of the box.
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam. We are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all