Senior Operations Engineer
Netcompany was founded in 2000 and has its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. Today, we are an international company with more than 7,400 employees working from 17 countries. We serve a wide array of customers in their digital transformation journeys in public and private sectors across Europe.
Netcompany is a pure-play IT services company delivering business-critical strategic IT projects that accelerate customers’ digital transformation through digital platforms, core systems and infrastructure services.
In the Netherlands, we work with 175 professionals on innovative projects, especially for the central government. This includes various ministries such as VWS, OCW, Finance, SZW and organizations such as RIVM, Studielink and NVM. Curious about examples of our projects? Go to: www.netcompany.com/nl/cases.
We strive for the highest quality in an informal setting. Our informal culture is characterized by involvement, flexibility and cooperation with both colleagues and customers.
As a Senior Operations Engineer you will work in an agile environment. From day one you will take a lot of responsibility and you play an important role in establishing and optimizing existing and future solutions, while at the same time being in direct contact with our customers and our development teams. With all your knowledge you fulfill an exemplary role and you are a source of information for the rest of the team. You are enthusiastic about designing, implementing and maintaining web applications and you want to work with the latest technology and give direction to our DevOps tooling and procedures.
As a Senior Operations Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Managing one or more business-critical systems, ensure continuous and correct monitoring and ensure backups. This also includes scripting and tuning the platform
- Collaborating with other team members on security, problem solving, and process optimization as well as participate in safety testing and incident, problem and change management
- Contributing to operation projects such as large-scale technology transitions, including planning and implementing specific operational tasks
- Using and implementing a wide variety of open source technologies and various tools
- Maintaining cloud based environments for various projects based on Microsoft and open source technologies such as Azure SQL, CRM and others
- Participating in project work, as a part of development cycle, providing high level of availability of applications and systems based on project and SLA requirements
- Responding to customer requests, change management, incidents etc. based on ITIL practices
- Coaching and guiding the juniors within the team
As a Senior Operations Engineer at Netcompany:
- You have completed a technical study at a university or a university of applied sciences
- You have a number of years of experience as a system or operations engineer
- You want to be part of a team and support with your own specialization
- Being up to date with new technologies and knowledge-sharing is important to you
- You are structured and able to organize your time
- You need to be proficient in English, both written and spoken
- You have a passion for new technologies and willing to learn about the following topics
- DevOps mindset
- Kubernetes (AKS, GKS, EKS)
- IaC (with Terraform)
- Scripting languages (Bash, Powershell)
- Cloud security principles
- Docker, Ansible and much more
You will be working in a beautiful office by the water in Delft with a catered lunch every day. You will be given every opportunity to develop yourself and we will encourage you to grow. We do this on the basis of our own Netcompany Academy, active knowledge groups and a personal growth path that you will work with from day one. For the right balance between hard work and fun, we have our own platform ''After Dark'' on which various fun activities are organized. You will also receive from us:
- Depending on your work experience, a gross monthly salary between € 2,850 and € 5,800 based on full-time employment
- 25 vacation days based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance
- 100% travel allowance based on public transport. Are you coming by car? Then you will be reimbursed € 0.21 per kilometer up to 40 km one way
- A pension scheme in which Netcompany takes care of 2/3 of the premium
- A mobile phone and laptop
Have you become enthusiastic? Then quickly click on the application button on this page or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want more information first? Please feel free to contact Roshan Watamaleo on +31 655 015 018.
At Netcompany, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace contributes to our success. Therefore, all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to creating a culture where we provide equal opportunities for everyone. #LI-IT1