Junior / Graduate Application Support
We are looking for a aspiring Application Support Analyst to join our DevOps team in Derby, primarily focused on support of functionality and performance on highly available systems in a secure Production environment. You will immediately get exposure to our development and specialist teams and it is absolutely our expectation you will grow into these areas. Ideally you will have experiance or a degree in Computing Networking.
Your day to day role will consist of (in collaboration with other support and development teams):
- Incident Management - Actively respond and investigate Incidents for the Application and support components.
- Problem Management - Using your knowledge, wisdom and monitoring tools, prevent and identify issues before they become Incidents
- Event Management - Response to alerts. Review and set thresholds.
- IT Operations - Execute daily run-books to confirm availability of the solution
- Defect Management - Ensure defects are logged and record applicably so the development function have the correct level of information to bug fix.
- Operating on a shift rota to cover 07:00 - 19:00
- Keep documentation up to date
- Continuously Improve - Identify areas for improvement, devise solutions for issues, plan and execute
This is an SC cleared role, so you must either already hold SC or be eligible to obtain SC.