Enterprise Application Architect
Netcompany is one of the fastest growing and most successful IT services companies in Europe. We are true leaders in digitalisation and are proud to build, implement and support innovative IT solutions for some of the most exciting and prestigious organizations in the world. Our vision is to be the leading digital challenger in Europe, pioneering the next generation of IT consulting, with a strong focus on providing customers true value and delivery certainty.
We operate in both the public and private sector and our services range from application development and cloud migration through to programme delivery and service operations. Our team consists of true thought leaders who drive business transformation through innovative use of technologies such as predictive data analytics and cognitive computing. We have highly skilled and motivated technologists globally, who are involved in the delivery of some of the most secure, complex, and nationally important technology programmes.
Our client has asked Netcompany to produce a roadmap of changes for its portfolio of Asset Management Systems; a complex set of customised COTS packages is used uses to run its business of planning, building, and operating assets like roads, bridges, lighting, etc.
A small Netcompany team, including an Enterprise Application Architect, is needed to:
- Develop a 5-year roadmap of changes to the portfolio of systems, to modernise, rationalise, and bring in line with a new Business Operating Model. By identifying the required work packages, prioritising them, market testing and costing, through discussions with system and business owners, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Comparing the work packages with the large existing programmes of changes scheduled for the asset management systems, understand the inter-dependencies, and recommending changes to the in-flight work to align with the objects and aims of the roadmap.
- Assess the impact of the roadmap upon the business, its adjacent systems, and suppliers.
- Use the information gather from the above points to develop a full programme of work, that is to include: timescales, business impact, risks, and costs. As input to the business case for the delivery of the roadmap.
- Leading and participating in customer workshops to tease out the issues and problems, and desired business outcomes, with data, systems, and processes.
- Translate theses into work packages to address the issues and problems, which might include: new applications, new integrations, converging data and users onto few asset management systems, defining data architectures.
- Lead and co-ordinate the efforts of other Netcompany resources including a Data Architect and Business Architect.
- Developing the Roadmap and Programme Plan.
- Participate in governance forums.
- Experience in working in the IT industry with exposure to Asset Management.
- Consulting experience in client-facing projects
- Experience leading technical teams and working with the CXO level of large organisations
- Comprehensive experience of Enterprise Architecture, enabling clients to realise business benefits from the exploitation of technology
- Comprehensive experience in designing and implementing modular solutions, leveraging software engineering and dev ops principles
- Commercial acumen, combining technical experience with a commercial edge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in influencing senior stakeholders
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
We are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.