Major Incident & Problem Manager
We are looking for a Major Incident/Problem Manager to join our team on a permanent basis to drive forward our delivery capability and deliver the optimum solutions to the clients. Based in Leeds this is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting, innovative, prestigious, and forward-thinking technology-enabled organisations in the UK.
Our Service Management Practice delivers infrastructure support services to a significant number of clients, across multiple sectors. The current Service Delivery team is approximately 20 strong and offers prospective candidates with the opportunity for significant recognition, skills and technology exposure and career development and training across multiple business areas.
The role is primarily Leeds based however you may be expected to work at our client locations as and when required.
The Major Incident and Problem Manager will ensure SLA/KPI targets are being achieved and the contracted scope of services are being delivered efficiently within an ITIL® framework. The candidate will ensure that highly effective communications and levels of understanding are maintained with the client and suppliers through regular and ad-hoc meetings.
- Acts as the main escalation point for all Major IT Incidents.
- Take full ownership of facilitating the restoration of service following of Major Incidents within the agreed SLA's in a multi-supplier environment.
- Setup and distribute Major Incident Communication during the major incident life cycle, until resolution.
- Ensure progress on incidents is continually assessed, making appropriate interventions, directing and facilitating resolution activity
- Interface to all associated processes (Major Incident Reporting, RCA, Problem Management, Knowledge Management)
- Update ITSM toolset, capturing all updates and actions.
- Complete Major Incident Report, setup and run Post Incident Review meetings
- Ensure all problem records are logged and progressed with suppliers.
- Complete Monthly reporting for Major Incidents and Problem Management.
- Run daily/weekly Major Incident and Problem Meetings.
- Managing end to end of Major Incidents and problem management
- Setup and distribution of Major Incident communications.
- Proven stakeholder management skills, with evidence of having built and maintained effective working relationships including when there are conflicting demands.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel.
- Considerable experience of working with the ITIL Service Lifecycles in an ITIL based Service Management environment
- The candidate must have experience of differing support models and be able to appraise these against a set of SLAs/KPIs.
- ITIL Foundation V4 or equivalent experience
- Self-motivation, flexibility, initiative, and integrity are required to ensure that our clients and the Netcompany management have a high degree of confidence in the candidate’s ability to efficiently deliver within the role with minimal intervention.
- Must be willing to travel for projects if/when required.
- Must eligible to undergo SC Clearance
- This position requires 24/7/ 365 day cover so candidates must be flexible and able to work out of hours as part of an on-call rota
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.