Security Operations Analyst
Netcompany is leading the way in the next generation of IT consulting across Northern Europe, with a focus on strong client relationships, agility and guaranteed delivery. Our client’s satisfaction has been achieved by building true partnerships allowing us to fully understand their business and technology needs and deliver IT transformation projects with no technology bias and right first time. We achieve this through our outstanding people; individuals that are selected for their skills, cultural fit, passion and ambition to be the very best in the industry.
Netcompany continues to outperform the competition, winning and delivering multi-million pound programmes and services, offering a fantastic opportunity for our team to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career.
To support our continued and exciting growth we are looking for an experienced Security Operations Analyst to join our evolving Security capability, supporting our client’s Operations and Architecture function within their Global Security Office (GSO).
The successful candidate will be experienced in identifying threats and understand the workflows associated with investigating events and incidents. You will be a proactive problem solver, possess intellectual curiosity and have a strong desire to find and mitigate risks. You will possess a wide range of technical skills including, but not limited to an understanding of sysadmin (Linux/Windows) and coding skills (e.g., Python, Ruby, PHP, C, C#, Java, Perl)
In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a team of highly motivated and experienced colleagues who thrive in delivering the next generation of technology to our clients.
- Support security operational activities, including L1 triage, event and incident investigation, process development and optimisation, playbook, and exercise development.
- Manage incident response processes through to closure, including leading and collaborating on lessons learned and root cause activities.
- Collaborate across a global organisation, providing contextual risk information to colleagues, and influencing operational decision making.
- Research and present findings on attacks, incidents, and other indicators of compromise.
- Research emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and emerging security technologies.
- Assess and report the organisation’s risk exposure.
- Develop your career through our Academy and mentoring programmes to ensure you grow with us.
- Have fun! Participating in our social After Dark clubs with monthly events.
To be selected to take on the challenges and opportunities within Netcompany we are looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring that we always deliver the best solutions for our clients. You will have the following background:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role in a large organisation or consultancy.
- Client facing, and able to support clients and their environments across a wide technology stack.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Focused, organised, with a good attention to detail.
- Good understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them.
- Good understanding of basic network services, vulnerabilities, and attacks
- Good understanding of the cyber kill chain.
- Practical knowledge of malware concepts and mitigation.
- Good understanding of adversarial techniques.
- Practical knowledge of threat modelling techniques and frameworks.
- Must be willing to do UK based travel for projects.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Interesting Projects – Using some of the latest technologies.
- Clients we’ve worked with across – Government, Law, Media, among others.
- Growth – in 2019 alone we have hired over 100 permanent new IT employees in the UK, we have more ambitious targets for 2020!
- Career Acceleration / Progression – We annually review performances and this year alone we have promoted 347 employees across our business.
- Global Presence – We have offices in the UK, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Vietnam and The Netherlands.
- A collaborative culture - Working with colleagues across our offices and to join our mentor scheme.
- Competitive Salaries