Network Engineer - Vietnam
Do you want to take your career to the next level and be part of one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies?
Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies with headquarter located in Denmark and other 17 offices around the world. Netcompany Viet Nam is the only office in Asia. Globally Netcompany employs 7000+ of the most skilled IT Consultants and Developers.
About the job
Do you have interest in, and experience with networking technologies and are you passionate about developing your skills in routing, switching, WLC, network security and LAN? Do you want to make your mark on Netcompany's Cisco network in our still-growing business? Then you might be our new network colleague in Netcompany Operations.
Netcompany is currently looking for a Network Engineer, who would like to be challenged in a role that requires high technical professionalism, a broad IT knowledge and strong network competencies. The position is an exciting opportunity for those who can see themselves working in a network role, where you will eventually be responsible for your own area and play a central role in Netcompany's network.
About your tasks and the team
Netcompany Operations is a well-established operations organization with more than 250 technicians, who handle everything from community- and business-critical application operations to infrastructure management, in two state-of-the-art data centers and in the public cloud. Intelligent solutions and exciting technologies are a priority in Netcompany Operations – and this is no exception for the network team.
As our new Network Engineer, you will:
- Be a part of our network team with 9 colleagues. This team is a part of our unified Infrastructure team
- Work with daily operations and maintenance for Netcompany's Cisco network as well as network management, establishment, debugging and expansions of our customer solutions
- Keep our own installations running in both hosting environments and enterprise environments
- Handle exciting and challenging tasks within all parts of the network, both LAN, WAN and controller-based WiFi networks in Netcompany's Enterprise network
Moreover, you must have an interest in being deeply technical and have a curiosity to learn new skills and solve problems, enabling you to work on tasks in Netcompany Enterprise LAN/WAN at many locations around the world.
Our strategy is based on a Cisco infrastructure that ranges from ASR to ISR edge routers to UCS server environments. On the security front, we use both Cisco and Fortinet firewalls and work intensively with technologies such as IPS and DDoS protection.
These tasks will be among your primary tasks:
- Maintain and expand our global administrative network (LAN)
- Tasks related to network security through working with firewalls and associated security technologies.
- Maintain network monitoring and syslog collection via Orion and Splunk
- Close collaboration with server, storage and backup specialists
We expect that you:
- Have a technical educational background such as data technician, computer science or experience from an equivalent position
- Hold 1-3 years of experience from a similar role where you have engaged in network operation
- Have basic knowledge of Cisco networking technologies at the CCNA or CCNP level
- Have applicable certification is a plus
- Are proactive, self-driven and good at planning, structuring and documenting your work
- Are fluent in English and have strong communicative skills, both verbally and writing
And other benefits that you would love:
- Clear Academy system and mentoring program to help you develop your career within Netcompany
- Performance appraisal twice a year to guarantee constructive feedbacks
- Professional Scandinavian working environment that values innovation, creativity and new ideas along with being supportive, fun and flexible
- Advanced technical solutions, agile culture and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies
- Attractive salary that is adjusted annually based on your performance along with an annual performance bonus
- Attractive Healthcare insurance program for you and your family
- Annual company trip
- Various training on trending technologies, best practices, and soft skills
- Management and leadership are accessible and encourage input from employees
- Working with a variety of clients and colleagues all over the world
- Social and sports activities hosted by Netcompany After Dark (Friday bar, go-kart, BBQ, escape room, football, badminton, table tennis etc.)
In Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.
Either click the ‘Apply Now’ button or send your details directly to our recruitment team (email@example.com) who will be able to help with any questions you may have.