Lead SharePoint Administrator
Netcompany has gone from being a small start-up in 2000 to becoming a frontrunner in the Northern Europe’s IT industry. We’re 3000 skilled IT consultants and developers located in offices in Warsaw, Poland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, the United Kingdom and Vietnam.
We are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. At Netcompany we rely on one another and we develop quickly. We are team players. We change societies by creating life-changing IT solutions for variety of customers – from small private companies to large projects in the public sector. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
As new projects are coming we’re looking for more ambitious colleagues to join us in this adventure.
As the Lead SharePoint Operations & Administration Engineer you will be responsible for building up a team and service for our clients which ensures highly reliable and stable SharePoint operations.
SharePoint is an integral part of one of our major platform products, why the role will be bridging common SharePoint operations with the application specific usage. We rely highly on SharePoint Application Services and the SharePoint farm architecture.
You will be responsible for understanding and working with our RnD teams in order to deploy new client environments in Microsoft Azure and on-premise, design operational procedures and action cards triggered by specific events, and to handle operational tasks driven by this. You will resolve service outage and service degrade situations and respond to suggestions for improvement and enhancement. You will also be responsible for providing on call support on rotational basis as required, and do to service review requests on client environments. You will be leading and building up a specialized team in our organization, why also you must be able to build up and qualify more novice talents around you.
- Provide SharePoint administration and technical support for SharePoint on-premise environments (2013, 2016, 2019 and vNext) and O365 services and hybrid environments
- Configure and administer SharePoint and automate deployments/roll-outs
- Manage and maintain SharePoint service applications and Search configuration optimization
- Manage and maintain SharePoint content database and content distribution
- Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades including testing, rollback procedures and risk analysis
- Work and assist our RnD and QA teams in a product development organization, maintaining development and QA environments
- Work with our Application Services teams across our global organization, with troubleshooting and deployments
- Ensure recurring deploy schedule of our platform product on client environments
- Monitor SharePoint releases from Microsoft and assess deployment rollouts and needs, as well to work with Microsoft under the Technical Adaptor Programme
- Be part of factory testing of new product releases from an operational and management perspective
- Monitor logs and ensure clean state
- Work and establish API management procedures and administration using and implementing Azure API Management
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field with 3-5 years relatable experience
- Experience managing and administration of enterprise-level SharePoint 2016 or later
- Experience with SharePoint distributed cache, application services (taxonomy, search, user profile, BDC)
- Experience troubleshooting issues at operational level and providing customer support
- Experience working with Active Directory, PowerShell and SQL server
- High professional standards and ability to document work and to operate and refine a service regime
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SharePoint Configuration
- Understanding of Office and SharePoint protocol and integration
- Azure IaaS and operations desired
- Azure AD knowledge desired
- SQL server knowledge desired
- Microsoft exams: MS-301; 77-419
- SharePoint certifications
We have fun together
There is no place in the IT industry more committed to establishing a strong, tightly knit, and social community than us. Despite our size, we maintain a flat hierarchy throughout the company. Everyone talks with everyone. During the day, we work focused for our customers, but outside office hours we enjoy social events and activities.
Our perks and benefits:
- Scandinavian work environment
- Career development programme for each employee and regular feedback
- Internal and external trainings and certifications
- Free lunch at the office
- International cooperation with colleagues from Denmark, Norway, the UK and Vietnam
- Attractive office with a view and great location in Warsaw (Metro Wilanowska)
- Free English and Danish lessons at the office
- Medical insurance, life insurance, Multisport card
You are always welcome to contact Netcompany at firstname.lastname@example.org