Innovative app makes public transportation easy and flexible
Din Offentlige Transport (DOT) is a collaboration between the Danish public transport companies DSB, Copenhagen Metro & Movia.
DOT was faced with challenges of low customer satisfaction, inflexible and obsolete digital channels, and new ticketing rules being introduced with a new metro line opening. The two existing apps both had low customer satisfaction and an out-of-date architecture that made it difficult to make the needed changes. Netcompany developed a new app that handles both single-fare tickets and commuter cards, replacing the two existing apps.
The solution includes full route planning, allowing customers to select journeys based on time and price. Additionally, the commerce backends handle payments, pricing, receipts, and refunds, making it easy for customers to manage their commuter cards and tickets.
The solution also handles ticket validation and back-office processes related to communication, refunds and fraud detection.
For DOT, the new solution means significant cost savings, more efficient ticket validation and fraud detection, and due to the quick adoption of the app and low operational costs, increased income.
- Increased customer satisfaction – the new app has a 4.3 star rating in the Apple App Store compared to the 1.5-2 star rating for the two old apps
- Customers can now combine products using a single app
- Time to market was critical, since the new metro line was opening. With Netcompany’s strong execution, the deadline was met
- Significant cost savings for DOT due to only having to operate and maintain one app
- More efficient ticket validation and fraud detection
- Quick adoption of the app and low operational costs has resulted in increased income for DOT
- Over 40% of all users are purchasing tickets through the new DOT app
- Over 100,000 monthly active users
- Over 400,000 ticket purchases every month
Partner, Private sector