Unified Communications Engineer
Salary: Market Rate
Netcompany is looking for a Unified Communications Engineer to join us on a permanent basis to drive forward delivery capability and deliver the optimum solutions to the clients. Based in London this is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting, innovative, prestigious and forward-thinking technology-enabled organisations in the UK.
In order to be considered for this role candidates must hold valid (SC) Security Clearance or be willing to undergo Clearance.
Skill and experience required:
- Extensive experience of site/network auditing and remediation in readiness for UC deployment
- Extensive experience of network monitoring, diagnostic and testing tools covering latency, jitter, packet loss and MOS (Solarwinds, Wireshark)
- Ability to develop and execute testing/troubleshooting on network elements, and an end to end testing of UC services transported by the network
- Extensive experience of DMZ/edge design and network configuration to allow BYOD and mobile applications to connect to the corporate UC services
- Articulate and conversant, with the confidence to take on tasks thoroughly without full supervision
- Demonstrate professionalism to support a culture of integrity within the team
- Uphold professionalism with sensitive and confidential matters
- A genuine passion for technology, particularly with UC technology
- Unified Communications, VOIP, SIP services and associated network configuration
- Build and test QoS, voice/video VLAN, codec configuration, service resilience configuration, network dimensioning for UC, security/firewall design and IP addressing
- LAN, wireless LAN, WAN architectures, deploying SIP services and security features
- UC network endpoint configuration. This includes configuring, 802.1x codec config and MOS evaluation.
- Knowledge of peripheral UC service such as analogue gateways, and analogues services and network provisioning
- Experience of AD design to enable UC service provisioning
- Knowledge of legacy PBX systems and ISDN services
As an employee in Netcompany you will also benefit from the internal knowledge-based communities, Centre of Excellence. This covers a wide range of different groups, from specific technologies, project management, methodology to name a few. Combined, they offer the chance to learn from the best across the different countries.