Service Desk Operations Engineer
Netcompany is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors.
Are you passionate about providing high quality service and support? Are you ready to take your professionalism to the next level? If so, we have an opportunity to kick-start your career as an Operations Service Desk Operations Engineer in the Netcompany Operations Team.
Netcompany’s Intelligent Service Desk team is part of Netcompany's Managed Services organization with more than 120 employees in Leeds, London, Copenhagen, Aalborg, Warsaw, and Vietnam. As our new colleague, you will be part of a team consisting of technicians at the beginning of their IT journey through to masters of their chosen specialism. providing 24 x 7, 365-day, 1st and 2 level support, triage, and monitoring of Netcompany's many customer solutions. A challenging and exciting everyday life with the opportunity for professional development.
You will be part of the developing Intelligent Service Desk team, working within shift groups covering 24 x 7 x 365 and will be responsible for support and service of Netcompany's customers. Your primary tasks include:
- 1st and 2nd level support and triage for large critical systems
- Alert Monitoring and Event Management of large critical systems
- Act as a technical lead and mentor of shift group within the main Intelligent Service Desk team.
- Lead in developing the team’s technical process and procedures for client systems
- Act as a technical escalation lead for Operators within Intelligent Service Desk team.
- Act as SME’s for designated clients within the Intelligent Service Desk team.
- Lead the onboarding of new clients into service.
- Delegation and review of tasks assigned to shift group.
- Link between our customers and the rest of Netcompany.
- Triage, record and resolve of various technical natures.
- Set up and update auditing.
In the long term, you will have the opportunity to expand your responsibilities in the position and develop within the technical track that interests you most in our operating organization. Our business is geared to make you more skilled, and you will always be in dialogue with your manager about your professional and personal development in Netcompany.
You will be part of a professional team that always strives to provide the best service, so that our customers find that they are taken seriously and that their problem is taken care of every time they are in contact with us. We therefore expect you to be highly service minded and can engage naturally in an extroverted role with a large interface.
In addition, we imagine that you:
- Experience within a 1st level support or customer support service
- Are a great communicator with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, speaking and writing English fluently.
- Have a strong approach about wanting to learn.
- Have a solid knowledge of MS Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Passionate about helping to develop a team in constant motion.
- Have knowledge and experience with infrastructure in day-to-day IT operations.
- Have knowledge of processes and methods in IT operation organizations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ITIL and Service Management.
- Relevant IT education at diploma level or higher or certification in one (or preferably more/higher) of the following:
- AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- ITIL4 Foundation
- COMPTIA A+
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
Despite the size we are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.