Netcompany is one of the fastest growing and most successful IT services companies in Europe. We are true leaders in digitalisation and are proud to build, implement and support innovative IT solutions for some of the most exciting and prestigious organizations in the world. Our vision is to be the leading digital challenger in Europe, pioneering the next generation of IT consulting, with a strong focus on providing customers true value and delivery certainty.
We operate in both the public and private sector and our services range from application development and cloud migration through to programme delivery and service operations. Our team consists of true thought leaders who drive business transformation through innovative use of technologies such as predictive data analytics and cognitive computing. We have highly skilled and motivated technologists globally, who are involved in the delivery of some of the most secure, complex, and nationally important technology programmes.
As one of our Network Engineers your primary role will be reporting to a Lead Network Architect operating within a wider programme of work with our public sector partner
- You will provide technical consultancy on network and security best practices, and help to develop a secure and consistent approach across the network
- You will help provide vulnerability assessments particularly in Network aspects of statements of work and provide knowledgeable assistance in resolving identified vulnerabilities
- You will be actively involved in the continuous improvement of our Standards & Principles and security tooling by providing input into the direction of roadmap and contributing to the development of our automations and tooling
What are we looking for in a Network Engineer?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Provide technical knowledge at all stages of the project lifecycle, including consultancy to stakeholders
- Build good working relationships with Programme members and key stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism; understand existing processes and provide input into how to improve and streamline them in order to improve team efficiency and effectiveness
- Technical implementation of Networking Standards & Principles methodologies, processes and tools and ensure compliance to enterprise architecture, global information security policies and overall firm strategy
- Contribute to the creation and ongoing maintenance of Network and security Standards, Principles & Patterns to reflect best practice and the effective security of new technology
- Serve as an escalation point for any Project & Service Delivery concerns if/when they arise & help to Identify appropriate resolution to achieve client satisfaction in a timely manner
- Participate in an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment
- Facilitate challenging technical conversations where DevSecOps standards and Dev demands conflict to help facilitate pragmatic solutions
- Point of contact for anything related to Networks
- Design and test solutions to unique and interesting challenges
- Improve the accessibility of security through automation, continuous integration pipelines, and other means
- Design and implement technically complex designs and/or environment solutions to meet the Security control directives
- Capture and share knowledge and ensuring use of documentation within Engineering teams
- Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Manage own security backlog and delivery planning
- Provide security metrics and KPIs to the Security leadership team on a regular basis
- Experience working as a Network Engineer
- Knowledge & experience of Cisco or Juniper routing and switching devices
- Datacentre experience (ideally using Juniper QFX devices although not essential)
- Excellent knowledge of the secure Network operation within on-prem secure environments
- Knowledge & experience of implementing Networking DevSecOps approach and tools within a large organisation
- Knowledge & experience of VMWare and Virtual Server technology
- Knowledge and experience of Fibre Networking
- Knowledge & experience of Firewalls (Ideally Palo Alto)
- Knowledge & experience of console access/support devices
- Knowledge & experience of delivering new services/features via an agile DevOps approach
- Understanding of Automation and DevOps tools (Python, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus etc)
- Have knowledge of privileged access management, vulnerability management, secure remote access, secrets management and access control
- Eligible for SC/DV clearance ideally
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
We are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.