Financial Controller - accounting
We are looking for an ambitious Financial Controller, who has the drive and willingness to learn. You are newly graduated or in the beginning of your career, and ready to be a central part of timely and accurate management accounting and reporting. Furthermore, you have a natural interest in audit, IFRS and tax compliance. In addition, we seek candidates that are fluent in Dutch and English.
Netcompany was founded in 2000 and is now one of the most successful IT companies in Northern Europe with, in addition to the Netherlands, offices in Denmark, Norway, Poland, the United Kingdom and Vietnam. More than 3.000 of the most skilled IT consultants and developers work for Netcompany worldwide and we are always looking for young and ambitious colleagues to join our teams. Our informal culture is characterized by involvement, flexibility and cooperation with both colleagues and customers.
Our Center of Excellence stimulates internal knowledge development and sharing and offers you as an employee the opportunity to develop further. Various knowledge groups are active within Netcompany that are concerned with specific technologies, project management and methodology, among other things.
Netcompany is growing significantly, and as a natural part of the growth in the business, we are strengthening our position in our Finance department. It is this development that you become a part of. Netcompany Finance consists of more than 35 colleagues across Denmark, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Norway, Poland and Vietnam. Finance supports the business with financial management and management reporting. Your focus will be on the management accounting reporting to the local partner group as well as in-depth analysis of Netcompany's business areas.
The challenge we offer
You will be responsible for cost allocation and making sure the books are always correct, up to date and complies with national and international accounting standards. Other responsibilities includes controlling the audit, setting up annual reports and documenting Transfer Pricing. You are going to work closely with our local NL Finance Manager and our Head of Group Accounting.
Key activities of the job as Financial Controller are:
- Internal control compliance
- Tax and VAT compliance
- Transfer pricing
- Global Mobility
- Controlling yearly audit and setting up annual reports
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the monthly and annual reports.
Your own responsibilities allow you to develop a 360-view of the business and the way Netcompany’s financial model operates. The position enables you to get a unique understanding of the financial controls and KPIs that drives a business like Netcompany. In addition to this you are going to be part of our finance team, where you are able to develop yourself and share knowledge with your colleagues
The skills you bring
- Newly graduated or in the beginning of your career (0- 2 years experience) with a master’s degree in Accounting and Controls or similar with strong academic accolades;
- Have a flair and natural interest in IFRS, corporate control environments and taxes;
- Experienced user of Excel and capable of working with vast data pools;
- Able to communicate excellently in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- As a person you are energetic and committed. You possess the ability to communicate across the organisation and are extroverted. It is your drive to be impactful and to understand the business. You have a great analytic mindset, interested in accounting and tax and understand the importance of being proactive. Furthermore you are detail-orientated, focused on quality and thrives of delivering on time when given an assignment.
Despite the fact that the vacancy text below has been drawn up in English, command of the Dutch language in word and writing is essential for a good performance of the position. This is therefore a condition for being considered as a suitable candidate.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Apply now send your CV and application to email@example.com! Do you want more information or do you have questions? Please contact Arnold Vonk via +31 625 106 653 (mobile or whatsapp)
We prefer to meet you in person, of course, but depending on the current situation, our job interviews can also take place digitally.
In Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all