Consultant - Service Leaver's Programme
Netcompany is one of the fastest growing and most successful IT services companies in Europe. We are true leaders in digitalisation and are proud to build, implement and support innovative IT solutions for some of the most exciting and prestigious organizations in the world. Our vision is to be the leading digital challenger in Europe, pioneering the next generation of IT consulting, with a strong focus on providing customers true value and delivery certainty.
We operate in both the public and private sector and our services range from application development and cloud migration through to programme delivery and service operations. Our team consists of true thought leaders who drive business transformation through innovative use of technologies such as predictive data analytics and cognitive computing. We have highly skilled and motivated technologists globally, who are involved in the delivery of some of the most secure, complex, and nationally important technology programmes.
We have established a dedicated Service Leavers Programme to the Armed Forces Community, creating opportunities to join the Infrastructure Business Unit which supports services to substantial number of clients across multiple sectors. This opportunity offers the prospective candidate with the opportunity for unparalleled recognition, skills development and exposure, career development and an environment to land and transition from the military. Netcompany has established a support structure that understands and appreciates the difficulties associated with transitioning from the military which is what makes this opportunity different from other programmes available.
The Programme is 12 months long, although the successful candidate will become a full-time employee upon completion of the probation period of 6 months.
The role can be fulfilled from either our Leeds or London offices, but an expectation of 4 days per week, working from home office location is mandatory throughout the probation period.
Our Service Leavers will join Netcompany and will be exposed to several areas of the business during the Programme. This will provide insights for the candidate, to help them align themselves to a practice within IT.
The candidate must be hard working and open to the necessity for continue professional development. Netcompany will facilitate time and reimburse the certifications outlined as part of the programme.
The candidate will be a clear and concise communicator, with experience of engaging Senior Stakeholders. It is expected that the candidate has, as part of their resettlement, put their credits towards the pursuance of a career in IT and can talk through their understanding of varying aspects of IT initiatives and common technologies.
- Support Business Development; including pro-actively assisting Netcompany Sector Leads and Account Managers
- To fully immerse themselves in Netcompany Ways of Working and Culture
- Be willing to work both as a part of a team and individually at times
- Have the personal initiative to continue personal development with relation to Netcompany projects and platforms
- Support the SL Programme and wider AF community development with IT/Business
- Have an overall positive & proactive attitude to work and be a team player.
- The candidate must be a delivery focused individual able to motivate themselves and other staff by maintaining a positive attitude and through appropriate delegation and control
- Self-motivation, flexibility, initiative, and integrity are required to ensure that our clients and the Netcompany management have a high degree of confidence in the candidate’s abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong influencing and communication skills are essential, as is an aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel
- SC Clearance or eligible for clearance
- It is essential that the candidate has x2 IT related Certifications such as Prince2, ITIL, MS Foundation certifications, AWS certifications, etc.
- Experience of Instruction within the military environment would be beneficial
- Understanding of common IT delivery frameworks and methodologies
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
We are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.