Assessment and mitigation of current operational backup capabilities.
A high street retailer required a review of their backup and restoration services to ensure they aligned to the operational needs of the business. The review required a detailed assessment of the core data centres capturing the current backup technology and configuration, identifying any gaps and inefficiencies in the solutions deployed.
Following the capture of the “as-is” position, the organisation required a strategic viewpoint of the future operational capability to determine the “to-be” position catering for changes in their technology landscape including greater cloud adoption.
A Netcompany team was deployed to work closely with the global operational teams to analyse the current backup technologies with a particular focus on the core data centres located in Europe and a select number of global sites.
- The team detailed the current as-is position, documenting the configuration and current backup regime
- A key set of recommendations were identified to improve the current position and provide a series of tactical steps including remediation plans
- Inefficiencies in the current regimes were identified and get-well plans created to mitigate key risks identified including lack of comprehensive dashboards and reporting
- Netcompany performed a market analysis of backup technologies, mapped to the organisation’s requirements and future direction
- The team spoke to the various vendors of next generation backup technologies to create an availability strategy for the future options with key recommendations