Implementing highly optimised technology solutions to scale ahead of security concerns - maximising productivity across the organisation’s 40,000+ staff base.
As one of the largest UK government departments, this organisation harbors a wide range of undertakings within their central responsibilities - underpinned by a complex, large-scale IT estate. Reliant on several bespoke and commercial off-the-shelf applications accessed by over 40,000 users daily, the requirement to continuously assess and improve aspects of their estate is vital for their overarching success.
With existing applications built to run in now-dated server environments, the client needed to validate applications in use at the time, rationalise the licencing volumes of those applications, and update the hosting infrastructure and application packaging. This would help make use of the increased capabilities of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365, as well as the cost incentives of cloud hosting.
Selected as a trusted delivery partner under the modernisation programme, Netcompany successfully delivered multiple streams: Application Refresh, End User Device Refresh, and Introduction of Office 365 collaboration services.
Following the successful integration of the final solution by Netcompany, the client has since: increased collaboration across the department, improved knowledge and information sharing capabilities, and been able to utilise the latest technology offerings and apply them to use cases across all organisational teams.
- Managing the discovery and migration for 500+ hosted applications whilst providing application packaging services for 300+ applications
- Reduction of waste, removing duplication of services
- Consolidation of their IT footprint, leading to a streamlined engagement with 3rd party support
- Introduction and integration of modern desktop environment linked to cloud technologies (i.e. Microsoft Office 365) providing a more simple end user experience
- The migration of over 3.5TB of data from 3rd party hosted systems into SharePoint to ensure the savings of additional running costs of £1.4M
- The successful migration of over 100TB of data from client datacentre hosted Exchange systems to Office 365