Service Delivery Manager
Netcompany is one of the fastest-growing and most successful IT services companies in Europe. We are true leaders in digitalisation and are proud to build, implement and support innovative IT solutions for some of the most exciting and prestigious organisations in the world.
Our vision is to be the leading digital challenger in Europe, pioneering the next generation of IT consulting, with a strong focus on providing customers true value and delivery certainty. We are experts in the management of complex change and build robust and scalable IT solutions utilising agile delivery methods, thereby improving our client’s speed to market and allowing them to rapidly adapt to evolving business requirements.
Our Service Management Practice delivers infrastructure support services to a significant number of clients, across multiple sectors. The current team is approximately 20 strong and offers prospective candidates with the opportunity for unparalleled recognition, skills exposure and enhancements, and career development, across multiple business areas.
Our SDMs are typically responsible for the delivery of one or more services for our clients. The candidate will be the primary point of contact for the client and ensure that the contracted scope of service is delivered effectively and efficiently using the resources allocated to the service and within budget. The candidate will ensure that good communications and levels of understanding are maintained with the client through regular and ad hoc meetings.
The candidate will be required to meet the contracted service levels and deliver the service using ITIL aligned processes and procedures, within the framework of the Netcompany Quality system and any security aspects. The SDM has financial and commercial responsibility and will provide regular, succinct and accurate reports to the Service Management Practice management covering all aspects of the services under your management. The candidate will also be responsible for business development within their accounts as well as also being involved in business development activities representing Service Management within the wider Netcompany Infrastructure Business Unit.
- Business Development; including pro-actively assisting Netcompany Business Unit account managers
- Service Architecture, including accurate estimation of service and task pricing, and definition of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Due Diligence
- Monitor and report performance against agreed targets and performance indicators
- Carry out service reviews to review performance.
- Service Transition / Startup / Transfer / Closure
- Service Delivery Management using ITIL aligned processes and procedures
- Project Management, including managing enhancement work through our software development lifecycle and infrastructure changes
- Liaison with other Netcompany business units and support services
- Liaison with / Management of 3rd parties involved with delivery of services
- Service and Quality Improvement initiatives
- The candidate must be a delivery focused manager who is able to motivate staff by maintaining a positive attitude and through appropriate delegation and control.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, initiative and integrity are required to ensure that our clients and the Netcompany management have a high degree of confidence in the candidate’s ability to efficiently manage the services with minimal intervention.
- Be able to identify, track, produce bid material and deliver sales opportunities.
- During business-as-usual periods the candidate will be expected to actively initiate and pursue service improvement tasks. During challenging periods, the candidate will be expected to maintain a clear and calm attitude whilst showing appropriate levels of concern and pursuing a suitable course of action to overcome the problems presented.
- The candidate must have experience of differing support models and be able to appraise these against a set of SLA’s to select the most appropriate solution for a service.
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential to ensure all parties associated with the service maintain a clear understanding of the status of the service and associated tasks at all times.
- Be able to produce clear and concise written information.
- We require at least 4 years relevant experience including commercial responsibilities with regard to service related third parties.
- Experience of supporting solutions in a multi-provider environment would be advantageous.
- Strong influencing and communication skills are essential, as is an aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel.
- Be able to provide escalation cover as part of the 24 hour, 7 days a week call out rota with other managers.
- SC Clearance or eligible for clearance.
- ITIL Service Manager Certification would be preferred; ITIL Foundation level certification is highly desirable. ITIL Service Strategy and ITIL Continual Service Improvement would be advantageous
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
Despite the size we are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.