Senior Infrastructure Architect
Netcompany is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors.
Netcompany have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million-pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career
As a Senior Infrastructure Architect, you will be working alongside the Project Manager to translate business objectives into a project scope, and subsequently defining technical requirements. Demonstrable experience in the production of technical design documentation, working within a multi-disciplined, multi-supplier environment, planning, and delivering quality results within agreed timescales.
- Experience of producing holistic service designs, which not only cover technology aspects, but which also address service support, management and maintenance needs.
- Good knowledge of a broad range of technology solutions, within complex enterprises.
- Experience across full project lifecycle, from initiation to decommissioning.
- Ability to model current and target states, define migration methods and decompose these into low-level tasks, for assignment to engineering teams.
- Understanding of business analysis methods and user-centric design
- Liaison with business governance functions e.g. Senior Management, Security, Enterprise Architecture, Service Acceptance etc.
- Strong and demonstrable experience as a Cloud Architect with experience on Cloud migration
- Extensive prior experience in infrastructure engineering, with proven delivery success
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment
- Extensive experience across traditional and cloud architecture, including Network services across vendors, IDAM, Security and Monitoring and device management in an Agile manner.
- Strong experience with working within and across development and delivery teams to establish platforms for applications
- Strong experience of documentation creation and management.
- Strong experience in cloud cost optimisation
- Office and Windows licensing
Technical experience with:
- Azure Architecture (Network, IaaS, PaaS)
- AWS Architecture (Network, IaaS, PaaS)
- Azure Devops. Puppet, ARM, Terraform, Gitlab\hub and CloudFormation
- Infrastructure services – e.g. IAM, DNS, Azure AD.
- Network Services – VPN, MPLS, SD WAN, Firewalls, WAF
- COTS Platforms (e.g. Sharepoint, SQL)
- Windows and associated services
- Linux and associated services
- Office 365
- Intune or other MDM solutions
Any AWS, Microsoft, Security or Cisco qualifications would be beneficial.
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
Globally Netcompany employs more than 3000 of the most skilled IT Consultants and Developers. Despite the size we are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
Please be aware, that this role may be subject to basic security checks which may include a basic criminal records check.
An applicant will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation.