As an Operations Engineer at Netcompany you will work together in a team on projects with a social relevance. Examples of these cool, challenging and social relevant projects are the Corona dashboard, anti gambling addiction app and the Donor Register.
About the role
As new projects are coming, we are looking for ambitious colleagues to join us in this adventure. Now, we are looking for an Operations Engineer who will cooperate in our international team together with skilled colleagues from the NL team. As an Operations Engineer you play a vital role in establishing and optimizing existing and future critical solutions, while at the same time being in direct contact with our customers and our development teams.
What are you going to do?
- Manage one or more business-critical systems, ensure continuous and correct monitoring and ensure backups. This also includes scripting and tuning the platform;
- Collaborate with other team members on security, problem solving and tooling and process optimization as well as participate in safety testing and incident, problem and change management;
- Using a wide variety of open-source technologies and various tools;
- Maintaining Microsoft-based and non-Microsoft-based environments for various projects based on Azure, SharePoint, VM's, Microsoft SQL servers, CRM, and others;
- Reporting internally on tasks, activities, and SLA goals;
- Responding to customer requests, change management cycle, incidents etc. based on ITIL practices.
This is you
As a person you are independent and self-driven, you are ready to take responsibility from day one. You have good English skills, both written and spoken. You’re also a great team player, ready to go the extra mile for your colleagues. Being up to date with new technologies and knowledge-sharing is important to you. You are structured, able to organize your time and document your work.
This is what you bring to Netcompany
Recently you have completed a technical study at a university or a university of applied sciences. You have good English communication skills, both spoken and written.
Previous experience is an advantage, but at least you are interested and willing to learn (more) about the following topics:
- Microsoft infrastructure and servers
- Writing scripts in PowerShell
- Cloud Security principles
- Kubernetes (AKS, GKE, EKS)
- Azure and other Cloud Solutions
This is what you get in return!
Working in an informal project team at our historical buildings in the center of Delft. You will be able to develop yourself, have an extremely steep learning curve stimulated by the presence of a mentor and a buddy where you can rely on for advice and assistance.
Further development is facillitated by our own Netcompany Academy, active knowledge groups and a personal growth path that we start working on from day one. For a fine work -life balance, we have our own entertainment platform with various activities such as: BBQ, cooking together, sports, drinks, gaming and development.
Last, but not least:
- Competitive salary
- An excellent pension scheme
- Travel allowance;
- The opportunity to work internationally,
- One week of training courses with your peer group;
- Flexible working hours
- A lot of freedom, trust and responsibility.
- Daily provided lunch
- Nice colleagues
Netcompany was founded in 2000 and has since become one of the most successful IT companies in Northern Europe with, in addition to the Netherlands, offices in Denmark, Norway, Poland, the United Kingdom and Vietnam. Worldwide Netcompany employs more than 3000 of the most competent IT specialists. Our informal culture is characterised by commitment, flexibility and cooperation with both colleagues and clients.
In The Netherlands we work with 175 professionals on innovative projects, mainly for the Government. We strive for the highest quality, but from an informal setting, because we believe that this is how you get the best results.
Interested or want to know more?
Are you interested in this vacancy? Then apply now! Do you want more information, or do you have questions? Please contact Sumit Chang via email@example.com. You can also call or Whatsapp to 06-15352433.
Come and join one of the most successful IT companies in the Netherlands and Northern Europe!