Managing Architect UK
Are you a keen technology or business enthusiast who is looking to help us shape the future for UK citizens? We are looking for experience architecture practitioners from a consulting, design, technology, data, or business background who can help us take our clients on their journeys, transforming their business and the services they offer to a digital-first experience.
As a Netcompany Managing Architect, you will be passionate about digital adoption and transformation, unlocking innovation for our clients, and providing leadership throughout the engagement. You will understand the business strategy and through your creativity and learned experience solve our client’s problems through a technical solutions that drive real-world benefits.
Our mantra of building services that drive societal change for the better are a testament to our delivery capability. As a generalist, you will have a holistic view of our clients’ vision and how we can support them to achieve that vision fast. You will work across our organisation, engaging with our specialists where necessary to derive whole life solutions for our clients.
We recognise the value of the strengths within our teams. Within this role, you will need to be a leader and able to influence through excellent communication skills. You will relish collaboration and embrace challenges. You will understand the nuances of business and be driven to find new solutions for our clients’ biggest problems.
We operate across both public and private sector clients and our customer base spans much of Northern Europe. We are consistently delivering societal change within these geographies and routinely win awards for our innovative work within governments across Europe. By embedding ourselves within our customers we can empathise, understand the need from our clients’ perspective and innovate on their behalf through channel shift, digital transformation, operational change, and capability realisation.
Through our locations across Europe, we help our clients imagine, deliver, and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
This role is based in our London UK/Leeds UK offices where we have created a space for collaborative working and the ability for our teams to work in the way that suits them. When required, travel to the client site will be expected and we also offer the opportunity to work from one of our other locations.
We operate flexible working on a per assignment basis only and requires the agreement of the assignment manager, whilst it is highly likely that there is some home-working possible, especially currently, we are unable to commit to any pre-defined or contractual pattern
This is a permanent opportunity, to be worked on a full-time basis. Netcompany is a results / delivery driven company, and we are looking for people as excited about delivery as we are. The minimum hours are 40 hours week with an expectation of operating the team’s normal business hours.
We are expanding fast (20% year on year) and so are looking for people who are self-starters and take the initiative. You will be empowered to operate within your own programme, making decisions based on the facts at hand yet supported through a broad reach back into the wider organisation and our centres of excellence. You will look to continue our growth yet ensure our standards are maintained.
- You will be excited about the prospect of bringing your innovative ideas to fruition solving problems for some of the UK’s leading organisations
- You will seek to change how society engages with its government services, creating affordable solutions that put citizens and communities at the centre of those services
- You will be excited to instill technical leadership and to take responsibility for the delivery of client solutions, products, projects, or programmes
- Work with our customers to align your solutions to their business strategies and help them realised value quickly through the creation of patterns, standards, and architecture roadmaps
- Embed yourself with our client, to understand their needs and empathise with them, working directly with and within the client organisation to get the best results
- Be confident to present your ideas to varying levels of stakeholders and represent Netcompany and the Netcompany brand and values
- Hold our teams to account, reviewing designs, providing insights, recording decisions, and identifying gaps
- Be comfortable to work across the various architecture domains to document as-is and to-be operating models, designing transition roadmaps to help our clients achieve their vision
- You will work with our sales organisation, ensuring our bids are founded in achievable outcomes and realise the significant benefit to our clients
- Work with diverse teams to provide leadership and mentoring, instilling the Netcompany methodology and our values
Your professional experience
We are looking for someone who enjoys solving complex problems and can bring their solutions to life both for our clients and the delivery teams. You will love to collaborate; you will love learning from other people, and you will seek out new skills and perspectives from those with the differing backgrounds.
- Candidates must be willing to do UK-based travel for projects
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- Experience of performing the role of a Technical, Solution, or Enterprise Architect in a regulated industry
- Experience of technically leading multi-million programmes or at customer account level
- Identification of team topologies, strategies, standards, and roadmaps for the adoption of product-centric ways of working
- Prior Experience of digital development or design in an enterprise class language (Java, .net etc)
- Architecture and Design experience of web/mobile applications using proprietary and open-source frameworks
- Well-versed with industry software trends and be able to find the most appropriate industry patterns and standards for each solution
- Experience in delivering cloud-native applications on hybrid and public cloud e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle
- Working knowledge of modern architecture patterns e.g., microservices, data platform, their suitability, complexities, and alternatives
- Understanding of DevOps processes facilitating Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines, with experience of supporting go-live & post-live activities
- Experience in client-facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops, and ability to influence others through persuasive communication
- Ability to work independently and manage a team, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Prior experience working with Public Sector services in the UK, building and/or implementing solutions as per GDS guidelines and principles
- TOGAF, OpenAgile, IT4IT, ITIL, Zachman, or other related certification
- Solution design with COTS platforms (e.g., Salesforce, Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, iPaaS, etc)
- Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods via multi-disciplinary, poly-skilled teams
- Evidence of contributions to the open-source community or speaking at external conferences
- Previous experience at Digital Agency, Consultancy, System Integrator
- SC Cleared or eligible for it
25 days holidays, as well as public holidays
Well-defined learning and career path
Professional certifications supported as part of learning and development
Monthly social events (including after work bars, annual Summer and Christmas parties, and sporting events)
Interest-free Season Ticket Loans
Retail discounts (including Restaurants, Supermarkets, Travel, Leisure and Department Stores & Fashion)
If you are interested in being a part of our continued success, please apply today – Join Netcompany!
Be part of our continuous growth, find out more below