Infrastructure Architect - Security
Netcompany is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors.
Netcompany have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million-pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career
Netcompany is looking for a Security Architect to join us on a contract or permanent basis to drive forward our Security Design capability and deliver the optimum service to our clients.
We are looking for a technically sound Security Architect to be responsible for the design, building, testing, and implementation of security systems within our public sector client’s IT network. To be a successful Security Architect, you should be experienced in information security and IT risk assessment, with a strong understanding of security protocols, authentication, and security. You should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people.
The Security Architect's responsibilities include:
- Reviewing current Protective Monitoring (PM) provision, and defining the requirements for and proposing a new solution for a new multi-environment PM solution. Financially justifying the proposal and supporting the business case development. Supporting the client’s procurement of and transition to the new solution.
- Assisting the client exploit their Microsoft Security & Compliance Package (SCP) by commissioning work by a third party to implement the SCP tooling to address security vulnerabilities.
- A thorough understanding of the organization's technology and IT systems.
- Planning, researching, and designing security architectures and tooling.
- Monitoring and guiding the security team, cultivating a sense of security awareness, and arranging for continuous education.
- Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
- Knowledge of Security Operations Centres (SOCs), and their use of SIEM tooling.
- A Bachelor's or associate degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- CISSP or equivalent Security certification
- Advanced IT security certifications may be advantageous.
- Experience in information security and IT risk management.
- A strong working knowledge of current IT risks, security implementations, and computer operating and software programs.
- The ability to interact with a wide range of people from different backgrounds and races.
- Excellent teaching, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Azure Sentinel
- Microsoft Security Architectures and Tools.
- Eligibility for SC clearance would be highly advatangeous
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
Globally Netcompany employs more than 2300 of the most skilled IT Consultants and Developers. Despite the size we are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
Please be aware, that this role may be subject to basic security checks which may include a basic criminal records check.