DevOps Cloud Engineer
Netcompany is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK, recognised for disrupting the marketplace and helping to transform the IT sector. We deliver IT Transformation and Delivery services to some of the most well-known organisations in the UK and can count 18% of the FTSE 100 as clients, delivering services across several different sectors.
Netcompany have ambitious growth plans for the next few years and will continue to win and deliver multi-million-pound projects, offering a fantastic opportunity for all members of staff to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career
As part of our ambitious growth plans, Netcompany is looking for DevOps Consultants to join us on a permanent basis to drive forward our delivery capability in the Cloud space. You'll be joining a forward-thinking organisation that puts your personal development and career progression first.
As a DevOps Consultant you would be working on development and operational facing projects in AWS, Azure and/or GCP. There’ll be the complex design and build of DevOps toolchains, associated processes and applications. There’ll also be the opportunity to assist and advise on the infrastructure relating to Cost Optimisation and Security Monitoring.
- Assisting with the provisioning of applications and infrastructure involved in the creation and management of accounts using automation best practices.
- Developing sample blueprints for the proposed architecture of cloud services.
- Assist in reviewing the current architecture including constraints, dependencies, security and operational requirements on cloud Services. Provide feedback on implementation recommendations by the development, infrastructure and security teams as required.
- Assist with determining operational requirements of account creation and the management platform including; reviewing current operations (tools, people, processes) and identification of desired future operational state.
- Assisting with preparations prior to, and during, any required IT health Checks
- Assisting with preparations prior to, and during, any Technical Design Authority approvals.
- Extensive experience of AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Experience of the DevOps Lifecycle (Plan, Code, Build, Test, Package, Deploy, Operate, Monitor)
- Experience in DevOps tooling, such as (or similar)
- Plan: Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Code: Git, CodeCommit, Chef, Terraform, Python, Bash
- Build: Kubernetes, Docker, Maven, Gradle, Eclipse, Artifactory
- Test: Mabl, Saucelabs, Xray, Zephyr, Selenium, JUnit, SonarCloud
- Deploy: CodePipeline, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, Octopus
- Monitor: Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Datadog, Dynatrace
Experience in DevOps processes
- Plan: Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Loosely Coupled Architecture
- Code: Pull Requests, Merge Conflict, Feature Toggling, Peer Review, Trunk based branching
- Build: Continuous Feedback
- Test: A/B Testing, Pipeline testing, Automated Testing
- Deploy: Low risk deployments, canary deployment, self-serve deployment
- Monitor: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Anomaly Detection
- Ideally, some experience leading on projects
- Ability to accurately estimate deliverables
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders and interpret requirements into technical specifications
- Experience working within a client-facing/ delivery focused role, or you have a consultancy background
- Candidates must be willing to travel within the UK for projects.
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
Netcompany has existed in the UK since the acquisition of the very successful IT company, Hunter Macdonald in October 2017. Netcompany is one of Northern Europe’s most successful IT Companies, with offices in Denmark, Norway and Poland, Holland, UK and Vietnam.
Globally Netcompany employs more than 3000 of the most skilled IT Consultants and Developers. Despite the size we are an entrepreneurial company and we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of doing things differently. Our culture builds on low bureaucracy with a strong focus on high agility and flexibility.
At Netcompany we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success, which is why all qualified candidates are invited to apply regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and belief, ethnic background, nationality, gender identity or culture. We are committed to live out a culture where we provide equal opportunities for all.