Netcompany is leading the way in the next generation of IT consulting across Northern Europe, with a focus on strong client relationships, agility and guaranteed delivery. Our client’s satisfaction has been achieved by building true partnerships allowing us to fully understand their business and technology needs and deliver IT transformation projects with no technology bias and right first time. We achieve this through our outstanding people; individuals that are selected for their skills, cultural fit, passion and ambition to be the very best in the industry.
Netcompany continues to outperform the competition, winning and delivering multi-million pound programmes and services, offering a fantastic opportunity for our team to grow with us and carve out a challenging, successful and rewarding career.
- Support the customer to coordinate resources required to identify, manage, and control the introduction of new or amendments to live services.
- Capture, maintain and distribute a log of all Change requests (Operational Changes, Standard, pre-approved changes, Urgent Changes, and Emergency Changes).
- Plan and coordinate the end to end Change Requests in line with current CM processes.
- Review of completed changes for compliance against process and policy
- Conduct Post Change Implementation Reviews for failed changes
- Act as the central point for change submissions.
- Arrange, chair, record and distribute change details and minutes from the weekly Technical Review, Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Emergency CAB meetings.
- Produce and distribute Forward Schedule of Change.
- Responsible for producing customer communication for system changes.
- Documentation of the Change Management process.
- Identify, document and implement improvements to the Change Management process via CSI.
- Experience of managing multiple suppliers in a large, corporate ITIL V3 environment.
- Provide Input into the monthly reporting pack for Change management
4 Key skills
- Managing technical and non-technical changes at a large corporate level.
- Chairing and managing change meetings.
- Technical experience in a corporate IT environment.
- Creating, updating and managing documentation and processes.
- Must be willing to do UK based travel for projects.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Interesting Projects – Using some of the latest technologies.
- Clients we’ve worked with across – Government, Law, Media, among others.
- Growth – in 2019 alone we have hired over 100 permanent new IT employees in the UK, we have more ambitious targets for 2020!
- Career Acceleration / Progression – We annually review performances and this year alone we have promoted 347 employees across our business.
- Global Presence – We have offices in the UK, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Vietnam and The Netherlands.
- A collaborative culture - Working with colleagues across our offices and to join our mentor scheme.
- Competitive Salaries